If you agree with these statements, you’re performing exceptionally well in all your roles as manager. If you come up short, it might be time for a management course or a conversation with your own manager to determine how you can do better.
- I know what motivates my salespeople.
- I’m familiar with their challenges, both professional and personal.
- I’m skilled at managing my time.
- I’m skilled at organizing my sales team.
- I’m a great salesperson, but I don’t step on my reps’ toes when they’re trying to close.
- I’m firm but fair.
- I always deliver on my promises.
- I create a positive environment for my team.
- I listen more than I speak.
- I act quickly when problems arise, and I challenge my team to come up with solutions.
Adapted from The Essential Sales Management Handbook, by Gerhard Gschwandtner.